Life’s to do list, cont.
46. Become a good public speaker
47. Be interviewed by a Brit (October 2009)
48. House swap with a Brit
49. Do anything with a Brit
50. Have a car with power-windows and locks – allowed myself one luxury when I bought Rosita in 2001 and decided on air conditioning; frugality sucks sometimes
51. Do a pull-up
52. Do crow pose – a year of yoga and it still eludes me
53. Get a teeny tiny nose stud
54. Learn how to play poker and host a regular poker night
55. Go for a week without putting my hair in a ponytail
56. See Patience, a 10 year old I met in Rwanda and whose education friends and I are sponsoring, graduate from college
57. Always be reading a book
58. See one of the kids I’ve taught succeed and escape the cycle of poverty (October 2009, work in progress)
59. Own a fire pit
60. Learn how to fix a flat tire, bike and car
61. Become better at hammering stuff
62. Learn my conversions – quarts, meters, Celsius, etc.
63. Posses better outside-of-the-US geographical knowledge – jump on this boat with me America!
64. Have a friend who owns a bar and stocks the jukebox with 80s music
65. Have a friend who owns a coffeehouse and stocks the shelves with board games