Sorry, I can’t go to the concert/party/show, I’m going grocery shopping
I hesitate to write this as it doesn’t do much for my coolness factor. But who cares if you ask me to sit with you at lunch or go to prom with you.
Friday night, on a high from my first ever public display of my inability to dance, in front of a paying audience no less, after me and four other Dance Experiment participants participated in a show at the Playground, I found myself grocery shopping at Jewel at 2:34AM. The supportive smiles and gleeful cheers from the crowd, and the audience members and other performers who came up after to tell us how much they enjoyed our bit had me unable to settle into bed when I got home around two. Always trying to be as productive as possible, I decided to cross off an item on my errand list. I think I found a new favorite activity! Errands at ungodly hours.
- The parking space closest to the door
- Aisles all to myself
- Fully stocked shelves
- A calm ambiance that had me in a slow-paced saunter from tortillas to milk to seltzer
- No checkout lines
- Ridiculous amount of good coupons (don’t know if this had anything to do with the time of day, but I’ve never gotten so many keepers, such as a FREE 1/2 gallon of AlmondMilk, no strings)
- More free time during daylight hours since I won’t have to grocery shop!
- Girl with a very loud floor buffer would occasionally interrupt the zen-like atmosphere
- I had to bag my own groceries since there was only one employee at the register
*Bonus* – I filled up the car at the Roscoe/Damen Speedway on the way home. Double-productive. And the gas station was on the right side of the road, no unnecessary turning required. Triple-productive.